Watsons Veggies understands and respects the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. We have set out below what information we may collect about you, how we collect it and how we use it. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times, and to keep your data secure. We do not share your personal data with any third parties for marketing purposes. We have also detailed your rights with respect to the data we hold about you.
What information we collect about you and how
We collect personal information, including name, address, email and contact telephone number, when you register for a Rewards Card with us, either on our website, in The Farm Shop, or when you complete one of our paper sign up forms.
We collect some or all of the same personal information when you:
- Place an order with us, either over the telephone, in person, or on our website
- Volunteer this information at an event to give sampling feedback or to enter a competition
- Subscribe to our newsletter updates online
- Use our website, when information is collected via cookies (see our Cookies Policy below).
Similarly, if you place an order with us online, in click and collect Shop or over the phone, we do keep a record of the date and products purchased.
This information will be retained for variable periods of time, subject to the nature and format of the data collected.
How we use the information we collect
Watsons veggies uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes and occasionally postal mail, to update you on offers, events, products and services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
- Making use of the ‘unsubscribe’ link which appears at the bottom of all of our emails
- Contacting Watsons Veggies via our email address, email@example.com.
We also use your personal information to enable any necessary customer service interactions with you, eg. changes or issues with any products ordered, to confirm collection details, etc. Very occasionally there is a requirement to trace products we have sold if we identify any issues, in which case subject to your preferred method of communication we would look to call, email, or as a last option post a letter to you.
There are some instances where credit/debit card payments are processed without the customer present. When this happens, the customer provides their details voluntarily over the phone and the payment is processed straight away.
Access to your information and correction
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask for a copy of the data that we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete personal data held on you
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out of date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we send you
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies can be used to tailor the products and services offered to you via our website and other electronic communications.
Updates and changes
How to contact us
- By email at email@example.com
- Or write to us at Watsons Veggies, Lower Woodside Farm, Drumoak, AB31 5AN.